Saturday, 23 July 2011

incense

I cannot remember when I first smelled incense, maybe it was when I was taken aged about 8 or 9 to Petticoat Lane and saw the Indian stalls with their Benares brass, saris, statues of Hindu Gods and Goddesses and always burning were joss sticks, I loved it , such an exotic scent, it made me think of faraway places and a hot tropical sun.
later when I was in my teens I discovered a shop in Oxford Street called Indiacraft, where they sold lots f lovely incense, my favourite was called Kashmiri Saffron.
Later still in the 1990's I went to Camden Market and found an incense called Temple Masala, that is still my most favourite smell, but sadly I can no longer buy it, I have a few precious sticks I save for very special occasions.
I now buy Pure Incense online, my top smells are
sandalwood
patchouli
myrhh
patchouli and rose
frankincense
vrindivan champa
golden champa
green champa
and bharat darshan
I burn one of them most days and it takes me to that exotic, hot place straight away!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment