Wednesday, 20 July 2011

the colour purple

when I was in my teens I loved the colour yellow, so much most of my clothes were yellow and was given the nickname Sandie Sunshine by one of my boyfriends! also I smiled a lot ( I still do! ) and that seemed appropriate for the nickname too. But as I have got older I have changed and my favourite colour is now purple, I have purple clothes, bedding, towels, china, glasses, throws and shoes to name a few!!! even a purple tattoo!!
I wonder why I changed , but maybe it is just age.
I am a baby boomer and grew up in the grey, drab fifties, when colour was limited to grey, black, brown and dark shades for clothes and furniture, although purple is dark it is also rich , so maybe I am just compensating for all those dull, drab years!
hooray for today when you can buy whatever colour you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment